Thursday, August 23, 2012

Smooth Sailing

Today begins Week 17 in our journey to life.  I am still confused excited as ever but I do have some questions about the smooth sailing of the second trimester.
From what I’ve gathered this is normally the time when things calm a bit as the mother-to-be starts to adjust to her body’s changes.  As everyone is different, I’m sure that every pregnancy is different, but I can’t help but shutter at the thought of the third trimester when things begin picking up steam. 
In reality, it's not all that bad, but at this point if my wife’s head spun completely around on her neck I would not even do a double take.  I wish there was more I could do to help but my Google searches have proved fruitless when looking for a ways to speed up a pregnancy.
I give her all the credit in the world as there is no way that a man could do this, I am completely sure of that.  I cry for days when I come down with the common cold, I can’t imagine how I would deal with morning sickness, cramps, and gulp, discharges.  Moving on.
On top of everything else she's dealing with, the school year has begun and she has a classroom full of 7 year olds to teach, so I think I will cut her some slack on the mood swings, exhaustion and four letter words being thrown around the house.
On a final note, as I learn by mistake, I now know that you never call a pregnant woman a psycho, no matter what actions point to the contrary.

No comments:

Post a Comment