Friday, July 20, 2012

That Smell...

I’m not quite sure how to put this….my wife has gas.  I understand that this isn’t groundbreaking news, she has had gas before but this.....this is different.  The dogs seek refuge under the bed as the cat leaps from the window while I, coming into the room from the kitchen, am blindsided by what has come out of my beautiful wife.
Perhaps it’s payback, I’m used to being the stinky one in the house.  But now, this baby, if indeed that’s what is in there, has changed all of that.  When we first started dating we would hold in whatever may be going on in our bowels, waiting until we were alone before relieving ourselves.  Maybe this was a good idea.  In all seriousness it’s not that bad, well it is but still, she’s pregnant, what’s my excuse?
Overall,  I'm getting used to all of the changes happening with her, like the other morning when I came in and she was rinsing a dish at the sink while stripping off layers of clothing because she was suddenly hot.  Another thing is that her face has become super sensitive to everything…including me..at least that’s what she tells me.  But we’re nearing the end of the first trimester so that’s progress, and progress, as bad as it may smell, is good right?

No comments:

Post a Comment