Monday, July 30, 2012

Anniversary

Today is our one year wedding anniversary. It's hard to believe that a year has already past since saying our vows on a very hot July afternoon. Tonight's celebration will be extra special due to our circumstances. It also may be the last anniversary spent in a restaurant without a babysitter!

So much can happen in a year's time. My wife has been incredible in our first year together and I can't imagine my life without her. She will be an amazing mother to our child and I look forward to this next chapter in our lives together.

I hope we will be able to find time for each other even as we begin our journey into parenthood. As our lives turn into a blur of sippy cups and diaper bags and we begin to question what we have done on those sleepless nights ahead, I hope we can open our eyes and stare at each other with that special look, the look that only parents can understand after bonding through the experience of childbirth, that says we're in this together through the good and the bad, the look that screams....It's your turn, get your butt out of bed and feed that baby! I'm sure it's different for everyone, so we'll just have to see what works for us.

1 comment: