Friday, December 21, 2012

Small & Mighty...

All small & mighty detergent
With all of the big changes happening in my life, it’s the little things I’ve been noticing lately.  For instance, last night I was doing laundry (doing laundry as in I got the clothes into the washing machine before getting sidetracked), when I noticed a small white bottle of detergent claiming to be “Small & Mighty”. 
The bottle was labeled Simon’s.  Well isn’t that just the cutest thing? (Yes, this is how I talk now) I thought, staring at the bottle, a goofy grin on my face as I was still holding pair of dirty boxer shorts in my hand. 

Suddenly I was holding a small and mighty little guy in my arms, reading him our favorite book before rocking him to sleep.  I could feel is soft little baby skin and smell his little baby head--oh wait, those are my boxer shorts…which quickly brought me back to reality.
But it’s things like this that make everything so real.  Sure, my wife’s large belly is a constant reminder of our son’s impending arrival; over time I’ve grown accustomed to it, maneuvering out of its way when we pass in the hallways, constantly touching it and talking to it when I see her.  But this, a little bottle of detergent, is tangible proof that we will soon be doing laundry for three. 

2 comments:

  1. Aww, seriously I remember when I was pregnant with Emma towards the end washing all her little clothes in Dreft (the baby detergent) and having everything waiting for her. Now, their clothes get washed in whatever I use and is on sale, lol!! Seriously though it does make it feel that much more real :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea, but my wife labeling the detergent made it real! Thanks Janine!

    ReplyDelete