Monday, January 28, 2013

The Tale of Two Nights...



care board


Night one.

We did it!  No you did it!  He’s beautiful….. I can’t believe he’s here…..We’re parents!  Wow…he’s so quiet.  What if he’s one of those magical babies?  Is there such a thing?  I think so….he’s got your nose….he’s got your eyes….he looks like you…No, he looks like you….I love his little sounds…me too…someone’s at the door…Yes, the room is so nice!....Oh, a sleep sofa….wow....this is like a hotel!....He sleeps so much!  He’s perfect….you’re perfect….I can’t believe we did it!


Night two.

What time is it?….What day is it?...Someone's at the door...again?.... That light is so bright…turn it off....not that one….now they’re both off…Who’s at the door?….He pooped again…is that poop? What is that?......I thought this was a sleep sofa? The phone is ringing…..I’m just going to close my eyes for a minute….I’m awake!....Is he okay? This must be what GITMO feels like….Oh, I didn't say anything...the baby’s crying….I’m feeding the baby…..Did you write it down?....Which boob?....Someone’s at the door…..the baby’s crying……Come in....how can he cry that loud! Get the phone....He pooped again…..did you write it down?  I’m just going to close my eyes….I’m awake!  


No comments:

Post a Comment