Friday, August 19, 2016

On Your Mark...Get Set...Slow...

It’s recently come to my attention that 95% of my interaction with my son is physical. Whether it be chase, swashbuckling, walks, tractor rides, or more chasing, our days are filled with cross fit-like activities. 

But when I jammed up my big toe something awful, (something to do with kicking an empty paper box that was not so empty), I realized that other than reading books before bed and eating together, well, we’re on the run.

So I’ve got to stay healthy. Because being a peg legged pirate isn’t as fun as it looks.

I would post pictures of my foot, but there’s no need to gross anyone out. I’m rebounding quickly, and Simon has been helping with my ice packs and making sure my boo boo looks okay. Then, two minutes later he's all like, Daddy, come on.

So it’s killing me not to do our thing. But I’m on the mend, and the dogs are still expecting their walks. I guess I’m kind of needed around here. One thing is for sure, I won’t take my health for granted again. Or kick boxes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment