Friday, September 7, 2012

Aww Snap!

Unlike when I was a kid, today it is so easy to snap pictures and share them with family.  While my parents had to get film, flashes, take a picture and hope for the best, hike seven miles in a snow storm to get the film developed and then bring duplicates to the next family gathering, today it’s as simple as whipping out your phone, clicking a button and then sharing on facebook.  In five seconds you’re done.
Because it’s so easy, I’ve watched parents as they document any and everything their little ones do.  The baby blinked his eyes!  Click.  First burp! Click.  His right foot moved!  Click.  And so on. 
As they get older it continues to the point where there is a backup server in Arizona solely dedicated to house the storage of the digital photos of the child’s first three years. There are pictures of pictures, pictures of others taking pictures, pictures of pictures of others taki---you get the point, there are a lot of pictures.
But now it has happened to me.  I’m going to be a dad and I will be that guy.  I have no doubts that I will go picture crazy because that’s what parents do.  I'll be that guy at work, phone in hand showing off pictures to anyone who will listen.  I will plaster the walls with pictures of the baby, baby coffee mugs, t-shirts and air fresheners, okay, I won't go that far, no air fresheners....but I just might snap a few pics at our next ultrasound.

No comments:

Post a Comment