Monday, October 1, 2012

Pampering...

According to these highly informative and extremely male-friendly baby books my wife reads, our little guy will be doing quite a bit of growing this week which may slow her down a bit.  So I've decided to take it upon myself to help out around the house.  I’ll start small, putting the toilet seat down, maybe a little vacuuming, and perhaps I will even cook dinner a few nights this week.  Let’s see, I can do grilled cheese, Ramon noodles, Chunky soup, or frozen pizza.  She can relax as I light the candles and serve up a romantic dinner for two, well three I guess.  I’ll follow this up by giving her a whine-free foot massage.
It’s the least I can do to show my appreciation.  We’re approaching Week 23 and she’s handling this pregnancy thing like a boss.  (although she has been kind of bossy lately…but that’s for another post.)   Her great attitude and positive outlook on things have countered my incessant worrying and she’s even managed to put me at ease….at times.   With her leading the way, we just might raise a child free of mental dysfunction. 
I’m truly amazed by her stamina and attitude.  She’s teaching full-time, joining me for walks with the dogs, and still coming up with projects for us to do at home--which is great of course because I really hate watching football on Sundays...

No comments:

Post a Comment