Being very new to the blogging world, I didn't check my blog for three whole days. So what did I miss? An award! Blogger extraordinaire (and Anderson Cooper star) Julie DeNeen awarded me (and others) the Versatile Blogger Award! Being one of those people who never win anything, I was delighted to find this honor had been bestowed upon my clueless little blog. Thanks Jule, your tireless energy and witty projects are an inspiration to us all!
Discover the beauty of this East African island through the eyes of an American looking for a simpler life.
My cousin Christine lives in Zanzibar with her husband and two small children. Follow her remarkable journey as her blog posts are a refreshing perspective of living simply in today's fast paced world.
Also part of the deal, I have to write 7 things about myself. Bear with me, I'm not that interesting.
- I'm terrified of becoming a parent. (The responsibility of making sure he turns out okay)
- I write on a blog yet I'm too shy to tell anyone about it.
- I can't read a tape measure
- I'm 37. Sometimes I behave like a 7 years old, while other times I behave like I'm 77.
- When I'm with Democrat friends I become conservative and when I'm with Republican friends I argue liberal points, I like to stir the pot.
- My stepmother is an award winning author who has published 18 books, that's who I call for writing advice.
- My wife is an amazing woman and an excellent sport about the whole blog thing. (That or she knows only five people read it)
So once again, thanks to everyone out there in blogland, see you around!