Monday, July 2, 2012

Me, A Dad?

 
Finding out I was becoming a dad was a day I will never forget.  I arrived home, sweaty and tired from playing basketball. Walking in to kiss my wife, I was asked to sit down, there was news.  Uh oh.

At first I didn't believe her, and then I was excited. I'm going to be a dad!  She told me to take a shower. Over the course of the next few days, I was nervous, I became anxious....I was scared.  What do I know about being a dad?

I don't want to mess this up.  A life is at stake and it's my job to make sure that life is brought up in this crazy world with just a bit of sense.....this scares me.


I jot things down.  Funny things about my wife, my life, my work, and what's always on my mind these days, the baby.  I'm not a perfect writer, or a perfect husband, and I'm sure I will make plenty of mistakes as a dad. 

So here I am, 37 years old and preparing for my life to be turned upside down.  And in those 37 years, meeting my son has been my greatest accomplishment

Thanks for stopping by, feel free to laugh at my neurotic thoughts, illogical rationale, and idiotic ramblings.  I'm a work in progress, and progress is slow.


To contact me, please email: shwnfanning@gmail.com

1 comment: