Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Well hello there!


Yesterday, my wife and I went for our first ultrasound.  I had no idea what to expect but words can't describe the feeling of seeing that little peanut on the screen.  We watched as he (or she)  bounced around in there with a healthy little heartbeat of 160 beats per minute.  I'm still in awe and haven't stopped looking at the pictures.  We won't find out the sex for another two months, but at this point we're just hoping for a healthy baby.    The rest of the visit was not as exciting, at least not for me, but I had the trusty scans at my side to keep busy.  I was unable to pay attention as the nurse went through routine questions with my wife.  I did manage to learn a few things however, and it doesn't look like I'll be getting off the hook on the nightly massages.  I also found out that my wife's constant night time peeing is normal and will most likely continue..  At eleven weeks now, we're almost in the 2nd trimester, I wish we could speed things up!

I have a lot of preparing to do before I meet this little guy (or girl), but after yesterday's experience, I'm all the more eager to get started.   As excited as I was when my wife told me she was pregnant, yesterday it all became real.


No comments:

Post a Comment