Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Roster Changes

Everything looks like a baby...
Like most guys, I’ve always loved playing and watching sports, mainly football. From the college ranks to the professionals, I follow my teams during the off season and through the grind of the regular season, watching the experts on television and listening to the commentary on the radio talk shows with total devotion.
Usually August is an exciting time for me because it means that football season is right around the corner, but it has crept up on me this year.  I haven’t been paying attention to details.  As friends and coworkers begin to talk football news, I find myself lost, like a kid who has failed to study for a quiz.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m pumped that football is just around the corner, I'm just a bit behind on the latest trades and acquisitions.  Perhaps this is due to the upcoming new addition to our own roster.
These days I have more to think about than training camps and pre-season rituals.  Schedules have taken on a whole new meaning, as weeks and trimesters have replaced quarters and halves.
Statistics have changed for me; I’m more concerned with crown to rump ratio rather than touchdowns to interceptions.  Passing yards have taken a backseat to red blood cell production, while training camp reports have been ignored while I anticipate finding out if we’re having a boy or a girl.
As we chart the progress with each week, I’ve found myself going weeks without watching SportsCenter and in the dark about my beloved team’s progress.  It seems there’s a new team in town and it’s quickly become my favorite, The Fanning family.

No comments:

Post a Comment