Here are just a few examples of what scares me about having a boy:
- After days of raining (and rampant flooding), we headed down to the local park to swim in the creek. The water was almost ground level as we jumped in and hung on to tree limbs for dear life until my dad came down to save us (he was just a little bit upset).
- I shot my cousin in the head and then myself in the hand with a pellet gun in what would be remembered as the Homicide/Suicide incident. My cousin still has the pellet lodged behind his ear to this day. (I didn't know it was loaded.)
- After watching Beastie Boys videos, the three of us headed out to find some VW emblems of our own to wear, this ended with police and parents being called to the scene.
- We were kicked out of countless church events including summer camps, sleep overs, pizza nights, and bible school.
- One of our favorite stunts at camp involved tossing a brick into the outhouse and quickly shutting the door….Splat. Not a pleasant experience for the next visitor.
- We never stole bikes, but on occasion did toss them in the creek. (I’m still not sure why this amused us)