Thursday, September 13, 2012

Halfway There...

Today begins week 20 as we’ve reached the halfway mark of the pregnancy. With 19 weeks down and 19 weeks to go, if I made a list of the pros and cons, which I haven't but if I did, I would still say the pros are edging out the cons at this juncture. Obviously the biggest pro is the fact that she is carrying our child.

But there is some rather erratic behavior going on here.  Moments that leave me scratching my head as I contemplate her well being.  Here are a few:

Before dinner last night, my wife was in the sunroom pulling up her dress and feeling her belly. I'm not sure if she thought that no one could see her through the glass windows or if she has just reached that level of caring.

I told her I thought it was going to be a girl, she thinks it’s an alien.

I caught her staring at me with less than a loving expression on her face, I asked her what was wrong and she told me that she was just staring at my big head and long arms and legs.

She out peed the dogs on our last walk, squatting anywhere she pleased on the trails while I would nervously glance in all directions on look out duty.

She has no interest in me unless it is my hands on her feet, which land promptly on my lap sometimes before I sit down.

Sleeping is a series of naps for me between getting kicked in the back, waking up to bathroom breaks, and listening to a summary of dreams that at times leave me unable close my eyes or turn my back to her after hearing.   

She's hot when it's cold, cold when it's hot.

She forgets what she was saying mid sentence, leaving me hanging on as...

She is gassy/ hungry/bossy/tired, sometimes simultaneously.

If she had her way she would wear pajamas upon walking through the door Friday evening until Monday morning.

All in all I would say she is doing a fantastic job with being pregnant, it’s easy for me to say that we’re halfway there when I’m not the one carrying some big headed, long limbed, alien baby who loves animal crackers and has a terrible gas problem.  My love for her grows daily...



No comments:

Post a Comment