Monday, July 1, 2013

Reading is fun

Reading is fun. At least my son thinks so. As soon as we crack a book his eyes light up and his arms and legs start kicking like one of those pull string dancing puppets.  Okay, okay, he probably just enjoys the large colorful pictures (as do I), but still, he’s enjoying it.
This makes his mother very happy.  Currently, his favorite book is probably The Very Hungry Caterpillar.  (Margins of Philosophy running a close second).  It’s really a lot of fun to watch him interact.  He can sit up, kinda, and his tongue gets going while his eyes follow the turning pages.  He’s just a lot of fun to be around these days. 
This is the part of fatherhood I’m enjoying the most, watching him as he learns the world around him.  Everything is the coolest thing that he’s ever come across.  Ooh look a ceiling fan!  He’s reaching and grabbing for everything in sight, including me.  And there is nothing in the world quite like his little hugs, nothing at all.

1 comment:

  1. I use to love reading to my little cousins when I babysat them.

    ReplyDelete