For this product review, we’ll take a look at my brand new baby boy. Without prior baby experience, I readied myself for being a dad by reading the books and listening to advice from others with children. While the advice was helpful, I found that some things I had to learn on my own, as nothing can fully prepare one for parenthood. But I'm happy to report that after four and a half months of daily (and nightly) use, our son is getting stronger by the minute and shows no signs of wear, which is good because I have yet to find an instruction manual or any sort of warranty.
We received our 2013 edition human a week early. Pick up was a mess. Labor intensive and hands on to say the least. He arrived in a whir of chaos and fluids with a boisterous wail that left both mother and father gasping for air. But after the traumatic start, things have settled down and are normal...the new normal anyway.
The decision to have a baby is not one to be taken lightly. Sleep, money, spare time, and at times, sanity will have to be managed in effort to survive. And there are no returns; posting on Craigslist is frowned upon. Anyway, here are some pros and cons I have found at this stage of fatherhood.
- He’s exceeded customer expectations up to this point. We couldn’t be more pleased in terms of product reliability and satisfaction.
- Assembly was a breeze - for me. My wife however, had quite the time. Nearly ten months from start to finish. Sometimes I thought the day would never come. But my wife is a perfectionist and she did a bang up job with him.
- Healthy and happy. He’s adapted to the transition of life on the outside with little or no complications, which is good because when we brought him home, I had no idea what to feed him. Luckily my wife took the reigns and it all worked out.
- His laughter has healing effects. Arriving home from work, I can feel the day’s problems melting away at the sound of his squealing and laughing.
- Can become fussy. When he becomes tired he becomes fussy. Hungry? Fussy. Gassy? Smelly and fussy...
- Messy. Opening those diapers, I often find myself mumbling No whammies, No whammies, No whammies…Mine also drools a lot.
- He still cannot walk. My dog was walking within days of being born. My child? Not even a crawl.
- $$$$$ Very expensive –Perhaps even more so than previous models.