Sunday, April 14, 2013

Developments...


As the weather warms and the grass turns green my son is taking notice.  He watches everything around him with wide-eyed amazement.  There’s so much to see, and with 16-18 hours of sleep per day, little time to see it.
mommy's big guy

Simon is extremely vocal these days, sometimes surprising dad with a loud coo or gurgle. His Tarzan call can be heard throughout the house (and maybe the neighborhood as well).

He spent the past week with his Grandma and Grandpy, visiting from upstate New York in efforts to help us make the impending transition to day care.  They brought with them a trunk full of hand-me-downs, courtesy of his older cousin.  I’ve never seen so many clothes. This kid may never wear the same outfit twice. 

Their week long stay was a lot of fun.  The weather was great, welcoming our northern grandparents with warm temperatures and blooming trees.  With snow falling back home, I think they enjoyed the fresh air and open windows, although I think my mother-in-law could do without the stinkbugs. She didn't come to vacation though, getting down to business on arrival. Since our child's birth I’m not sure the house has ever been so clean.  Clothes were washed before they hit the floor and dishes were rinsed and put away before I could turn around.  

She was on a roll…diaper changes, bottle feedings, even getting the little guy to sleep in his crib—another new development.  He’s awfully lucky to have such great Grandparents.  And we are awfully thankful for them.

For the most part I'd have to say we're really blessed to have such a great baby.  But he is very adept at letting us know what he dislikes, and most of the time this involves sitting.  The little guy likes to be moving, not sure where he gets it from…

I'm still getting used to referring to myself as Dad, but I'm learning some very dad-like lessons in the meantime.  The other night as I lifted him from the table to the tub, I felt something wet and warm.  Sure enough, I got soaked. But it’s okay, all part of the experience I guess…


I'll resist the urge to place an R Kelly joke here...

2 comments:

  1. Nothing says "I love you, dad" like holding your sweet little one and having them drench you with pee. I remember my firstborn doing this to me, and I thought, "I have arrived." I was now a card carrying member of the dad clan. Been spit up on, poop on hand, and pee'd on. Nice.

    Jason
    The Cheeky Daddy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, its all part of the experience I guess Jason, thankfully no puke yet for me!

      Delete