Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Hide and Seek....Now Repeat

“You find me and I’ll hide.”

It’s not a question. Or a statement really. Actually, now that I wrote it, it makes no sense at all. But in my house it means that my son is going to hide in the couch and I need to play along.

The key here is not to find the little bugger right away, because where’s the fun in that? Then again, I can’t take too long because well, there’s a little guy in the pillows—I mean behind the curtains, I mean under the table, I mean where is he anyway?  That guy will get antsy.

So it takes just the right amount of finding to go with the hiding. And once I do find him, (or when he busts out and announces, "I found myself!”), well, then it’s time to start all over again. So it's important to drag things out, because games have a way of hanging around our house for a long, long time.

“You find me and I’ll hide.”

And again.

And again.

And again.

Now, I like a good winter activity just about as much as any man can enjoy wandering around his house looking in the oven for his kid. But it does, after a while, get a bit redundant. But then again, sometimes when I’m at work, maybe waiting at the water cooler or walking to the bathroom, there in my mind I see this little blonde head popping out of the cushions with that big, half-moon smile on his face.

“You find me and I’ll hide!”

You bet I will.




No comments:

Post a Comment