Saturday, September 14, 2013

Twisted


I’m having a major dilemma in my marriage.  My wife refuses to use a top sheet in bed.  Every few days morning when I make the bed, I meticulously tuck the sheet under the comforter and other modern amenities afforded to civilized human beings.  Despite these efforts, I wake up in the middle of the night to a twisted knot wrapped around my ankles. 
twisted bedsheets

Somehow this slid under my radar in the early days of our marriage.  I don’t remember her being such a slouch in bed….wait! That’s not what I meant...I mean, maybe this was a post pregnancy thing, her sheet-less ways.  Maybe it came with the I’m hot, no I’m cold stage and just never left. 

So what gives?  Will we end up with two single beds separated by a nightstand littered with large print editions of Reader’s Digests and AARP mailers?  Her pen scattered with hay bales and tattered afghans, some pales of water nearby.  There’s always bunk beds…but I hope it doesn’t come to that, at least not for a few more years.  Still, something has to give.  Well not really, who am I kidding here?  We all know that she’ll get her way in the end and I’ll have to stoop to such primitive sleeping habits. 

2 comments:

  1. lol ....my husband sweats like crazy and only needs a sheet, while me on the other hand is cold and needs the heaviest blanket in the linen closet! I too must have the bed made every morning and eventually found myself making my side with my blankets and his side with his blankets (okay, sheet! I made his side using one sheet!). I don't like it, but it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It happens to the best of us. I used to go to sleep above the comforter, claiming that it was too hot for that in the warmer months. EVERY night, I'd fall asleep and once the air got cooler, reach over and pull the comforter from atop my honey and pull it over on myself.
    Guilty as charged. Fun story. Let us know how that pans out.

    Jason

    ReplyDelete